What are cookies?
- A cookie is a piece of data sent from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. When you use the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of your previous activity.
- In order to be able to purchase online, you need to have your cookies enabled.
Our Cookies Policy
Our cookies do not store information such as your name, address or payment details. However, cookies allow us to access this information once you are logged into your account.
- To identify you automatically when you sign in to our website
- To remember your preferences and your activity in the past (like items added in your shopping basket)
- To allow you to share products and information with social networks
- To improve the use of the website, the content and services
- To offer you the best customer experience
How can you manage cookies?
If you prefer to limit, block or delete your cookies from our site, you need to use your browser by accessing the "Help Menu". To check your cookies setting, you need to access your "Managing cookies" section.
- Marmalade of London ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is.
- Marmalade Fine Fragrance Ltd Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07833024 and our registered office is Alliance Suite, 2nd Floor Ellenborough House, Wellington Street, Cheltenham GL50 1XZ. Our main trading address is Unit 16 Cheltenham Trade Park, Enterprise Way, Cheltenham GL51 8LZ. Our VAT number is GB 123475036.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site Marmaladeoflondon.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services including your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit/debit card details. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using outsourced SSL technology provided by Sage Pay. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.]
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.]
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.]
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Frojos.co.uk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £30 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.